By Popular Demand Google Webmaster Tools!


Becoming a webmaster just got a little easy with the formal release of Webmaster Central by Google. Webmaster Central is a convenient way to submit your site to Google, and access webmaster tools that can be used to see how their "crawlers" view your site. These tools can also inform you if there are any errors or other "technical" difficulties crawling your site. Webmaster Central even has a site status wizard that allow you to simply enter your url (website address) and Google lets you know when your site was last crawled.

Check out these examples of simple webmaster tools to see how these "bots" crawl your sites, just type the following into a search.

site:________.com (simply fill in the blank with your sites address for example site:www.maludan.googlepages.com and see the results) This first one is to see if you are indexed at all in Google.

link:________.com is another one that you can type into a search. These results are what others pages link to your site.

related:_______.com shows what sites are related or similar to yours. I have not had to much luck with this one yet.


Be patient though, it does take a while sometimes to get indexed at all. Let me know what I am missing, or what you would like me to discuss in future postings.

7 comments:

Sherrykins said...

Hi 1Green Thumb

I can't use the webmaster tools you have listed.........help!!! lol

Great blogs and pictures!

1Green Thumb said...

I added an example, maybe this will make it easier. Just type it into a google search. Let me know if this helps at all.

type this in
site:___________.com into Google. The blank part you need to fill in with your url

Sherrykins said...

Thanks for your answer but this time when I searched for my website

site:http://adsense-and-affiliates.blogspot.com

it did not match any documents.......

1Green Thumb said...

Well, you would leave off the http:// but I tried it and it doesn't look like you are indexed yet. My suggestion would to submit your site to Google. Search for webmaster central and you will find the google site. Then sumbit your URL to them. Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Sherrykins said...

Hey thanks for your comments and help with this indexing thing but I just tried it again here and it says "document not found".

I will go to the Webmaster Central again and leave off the http, I'll bet that is what I did wrong.........you are so good to help me with this. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this site. It is very helpful! Check out my site and read my posts. Let me know what you think. Have a great evening.

agreenearth said...

Calling over to say hi for Click and Comment Monday with best wishes, The Artist